My top three intelligences were logic/math, nature, and self. I have to agree with the first one. I do love mathematical concepts, puzzles, and manipulative games. Math was my favorite subject in school and is one of my favorite subjects to teach.
When reading down the list of items to incorporate in my lessons, I realize I already do a lot of them. I have the students do word sorts with their spelling words daily, we always predict what our story will be about and stop and predict during reading. Personally, I always outline what I am going to write before doing it.
My second top intelligence was nature. I love being outdoors, but do not know the names of trees, flowers, and birds...only some of them. I enjoy jogging and hiking and taking in the beautiful scenery. Everytime I visit a new place I always find an area that has breath-taking scenery. I incorporate nature into my lessons by planting flowers, making aquariums, making worm beds, and making compost piles. The students also love to read about animals so I try to find nonfiction books on different types of animals to add to centers.
Our last reading lesson was on bees. The students were so enthusiastic about learning about the bee. They asked more questions than could be answered in our reading. This gave me the idea to list the questions students had, assign a question for each student to research and bring back to class. They loved it.
My third intelligence was intrapersonal. I have a good sense of self, but do not like being alone. I scored the same for interpersonal/social. I feel I am more of a social person. I love being around people and sharing ideas and stories. In my classroom, we spend a lot of time doing group projects. I just feel like students learn so much more from each other than they could learn on their own.
I found this site on the web very informative. Thought it would be good to add to this post.
http://www.thirteen.org/edonline/concept2class/mi/index_sub3.html
No comments:
Post a Comment